Worrying about money? there is help available...

I have no money!

To access the local foodbank, fresh food stalls or free community meals contact Frontline or Citizens Advice.

If you need money for essential items apply online to the Surrey Crisis Fund:

Click here to Apply Online at surreycc.gov.uk

There may be hardship funds available, contact Citizens Advice Surrey Heath to check if you are eligible.

This information has been brought together by the assistance of Citizens Advice Surrey Heath & Camberley Frontline Debt Advice.

I’m struggling to pay my bills...

A benefits check will show if you could claim any extra benefits:

Click here to use the
EntitledTo.co.uk Benefit Calculator

Work out your household budget so you know what you’re earning and spending:

Click here to use the
National Debtline Your Budget Tool

If you’re struggling with energy bills you might be eligible for the warm home discount or local heating grants:

Click here to find out about the
Warm Home Discount Scheme

Identify any areas where you may be able to cut costs:

Consider applying to a local charity for help with a one-off expense or bill:

I’m worried about debt...

  1. Prioritise your debts and make sure you pay rent/mortgage, council tax, CCJs, tax, court fines and TV licences.
  2. Contact your creditors to explain your situation and see if they will negotiate terms
  3. Work out your budget to calculate what you can afford to repay each month
  4. Seek professional advice about your long term debt options
NOTE: If you have debts your priorities are in this order: Rent/Mortgage, Secured Loans, Court Fines, Council Tax, TV Licence, Energy Bills, Overpaid Tax Credits,  HP, Income Tax & Unpaid Child Maintenance.